January 9

Whew! Sorry - I fell off the face of the earth for a few days there! Really, I just didn't take any pictures for a few days because it was so gray and gloomy, and then I was having too much fun with Chris home on Saturday to take pictures.

But today? Today I couldn't miss, because it's Caleb's 18-month birthday! We see the doctor tomorrow for shots and a checkup, so I'll have stats then. In the meantime, here are some pictures!

I'm not sure why (could be the pregnancy hormones), but the sight of Caleb's little shoes next to our big ones melted my heart. Even though his shoes are so little, for him they're big-boy shoes for running around! I love how grown-up he is now, and I'm so excited to see him grow even more. (Until he has big, stinky, teen-age shoes. Then I will not be excited. I will be grossed out.) 

Every time we go to the store, an old lady will inevitably be in line behind us. And she will always comment, "What a doll! Those eyelashes - it's like he's wearing eyeliner!" And every time, I love it.

Ryan generously allowed Caleb to take this (ninja turtles) motorcycle home from Grandma's house. Caleb loves it, and calls it his "moto".

Elmo. 'nuff said.

This big bear's name is Jimbo. Caleb will throw him to the floor, pounce on top of him, and declare, "Sungle!" (snuggle)
It happens at least once a day, and at least once a day, my heart turns into a puddle of goo.

Two other funny things happened today:
1. Caleb woke up at 5 a.m., and calmly and loudly stated, "Daddy. Daddy. Daddy. Daddy. Holdou. Holdou. Holdou. Holdou." ("Holdou" means "hold you", as in "please pick me up and hold me now.") Caleb clearly wasn't going back to sleep, so Chris went in to find Caleb standing up in his crib, waiting to be held. He held him for a few minutes, then put him back in his crib and went back to sleep.

At 6 a.m., it happened again. Exactly the same.

This is only funny because A) it only happened twice and then Caleb slept until 9 (!) a.m. and B) both times, Caleb said "Daddy" and not "Mommy". If I had to get out of bed, it would not be funny.

2. At bedtime, I came in to help with jammies and pray with Chris and Caleb, like I do every night. Like every night, I kissed Caleb and prepared to leave, saying "Night night, Buddy". Only tonight? Caleb replied, "Night night." I'm not sure why, but hearing my little man say "Night night" made me really happy. It was so sweet!

That's all I've got.

No comments:

Post a Comment