January 26

Today was a fun day, except that I have a pretty rough headache now. But look at how funny my boy was:
My brownbear sat down to read a new library book all by himself.

He's always so pleased with himself when he gets a hold of the computer mouse. Grandpa gave him his very own mouse for Christmas, but I suppose the fact that the real mouse is red makes it more desirable.

Later, we built a tent with my handy-dandy Snuggie (oh, how I love that thing! Every pregnant woman needs a Snuggie.). I discovered that it's pretty challenging to take a decent picture of a child hiding in a tent.

On the food front, I worked a whole lot less to feed Caleb today. Instead of stressing and trying to force him to eat, I let him tell me when he was hungry. It actually worked really well, except for lunchtime. Today, he ended up eating a bowl of Cheerios with milk, half a cup of honey milk, a tortilla, cheese, half an apple, a freshly baked cookie with milk (I couldn't resist. It's too much fun to share something like that with him!), 1.25 oranges, orange juice, and shrimp.

 It wasn't a nutritionally balanced day, but I think we'll get there. I hope we'll get there. More importantly, I didn't come anywhere near being AngryMom today, and really, isn't my child's emotional well-being just as important as his nutritional well-being at this point?


No comments:

Post a Comment