August 23

Today was a fun, fun day. I suppose most of the day was a Do-Nothing Monday, which was mostly why it was fun. Plus, Caleb was especially cheerful today.

I've made a list of his current words. I realize you're probably not interested in how verbose my child is, but I need to record this somewhere more permanent than a sticky note which I will promptly either lose or use as a coaster.

So.

 These are all words that he will say unprovoked, in the appropriate context. Several of them may not be intelligible to the general public, but when you watch him, it's clear what he's saying. 

shoe
eye
nose
no-no
mama
dada
pa
outside
window
ball
thunder
boom
dog
woof
hammer
Mimi
purple
bee
banana
flower
hat
cow
moo
bubbles
bottle

Today, he placed a lot of emphasis on "outside" (it really sounds like "ah-sh", but when you watch him say it, it's way clear), and "hat". He really likes hats.

He'll often point to where Chris' hats hang and say, "Hat. Hat. Hat." until I get him one.
Today, he did it once and I gave him this Cardinals hat.

Later, despite the fact that he still had the Cardinals hat, he asked for another hat. I suppose he could see it hanging there, and he wanted it. So I gave him the "Retired Sexy Senior Citizen" hat.

Then the child had two hats, but he went right back over there and asked for another hat. There were no more hats hanging there. I have no idea what he was thinking.

I often have no idea what he is thinking.


Then he read a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment