August 13

Did you know that today is Friday the 13th?

I didn't, but figured it out pretty quickly during today's Annoying Hospital Encounter.

I dropped Caleb off at my parents' house this morning at 9:40. The plan was for my Dad (who, bless his heart, hasn't been alone with a baby in who-knows-how-long) to watch Caleb while I went up to the hospital to pick up Emily and Max. Since they were supposed to be discharged at 11:00, I figured my dad would be alone with Caleb for a maximum of 2 hours.

Do you see where this is headed?

Fast-forward past all of the doctors who didn't show, the waiting, the waiting, and then more waiting to 3:45, when we were finally approved to be discharged and someone with a wheelchair finally showed up at the hospital room.

By the time we got back to my parents' house, Caleb would have been awake for 7 hours.

I was expecting to come back to a fussy, crabby baby and an equally fussy, crabby Grandpa.

Instead, I found this:

Yup. That would be my dad and Caleb, napping together in Dad's bed.

I think my heart melted when I saw it.
(OK, my heart either melted from the sweet sight, or from the 100-degree weather. I don't know which.)

Apparently Caleb was a complete angel, and rewarded my dad for his help with a 3-hour nap for both of them. Plus, Emily and Max are healthy and home. Maybe Friday the 13th isn't so bad, after all.

3 comments:

  1. I love it! this may very well be one of my favorite pics since you started this! Jenny

    ReplyDelete