August 11

Today Caleb met his new cousin, Maxwell Alexander.


Max was born at 4:42 am, a small but healthy 6 pounds, 2 ounces. I was lucky enough to be there with Emily through half of the (ridiculously short) labor and Max's birth.

However, that means I've been up since 3 am. I hope you'll forgive me if I'm short and sweet on this one.

Once Max and Emily had settled in, Chris brought Caleb by the hospital to meet his new cousin. At first, Caleb would have none of it.
(Do you see how tightly Caleb is clinging to Chris? He was terrified of the baby!)

Gradually, though, his curiosity got the better of him.

Ryan was so proud to show off his new baby brother!
(Still-curious Caleb. Love it!)

Something tells me that these boys are going to get in some serious trouble some day...

In the meantime, we are so happy to welcome Max to the family, and we are so proud of Emily for the remarkable job she did bringing him into the world. Max is such a little blessing!

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures - it can be pretty difficult to take a cute picture of a minutes old baby. : ) Congratulations to everyone - hope Emily is feeling great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a special moment! What a great job you did catching this, it will be such a joy to look back on years from now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My 3 grandsons.....LOVE these pix!!!!! Mom:)

    ReplyDelete