April 5

We had a great day today.

Surprisingly, it all began with a doctor appointment. Caleb had his 9-month checkup, and got 2 shots. He took them like a champ, and was cheerful the moment the nurse was done sticking him.  He is such a good baby!

It was such a lovely day that I decided to attempt some long-overdue yardwork. I neglected my plants all last summer because I was either morbidly pregnant or recovering from childbirth or distracted by learning how to be a mom.

So I have a big task ahead of me. Luckily, I have this little helper at my side:
How sweet is he?
I spread out a blanket, slathered him in sunscreen, filled a basket of toys, and cued up the iPod for this endeavor. It was largely successful - I was able to spend 45 full minutes digging up dandelions and errant grass before Caleb decided he was done. Unfortunately, I'll need at least 5 more sessions like this to accomplish what must be done. But it will happen!

Then, we went inside and Caleb rolled around in his room. I'm not entirely sure how this happened, but it's pretty funny:

That greenish-gray thing by Caleb's hand is my swivel-glider, and he is under his crib. I'm pretty sure he spent a solid 10 minutes working to get under here by wiggling and rolling, wiggling and rolling. It was really funny.

1 comment:

  1. LOL!!!!! Pretty funny!! I've seen him do it, but still can't figure it out!!! MOM:)

    ReplyDelete