June 25

Aaaannndddd.... the "fluke" vomiting takes down its third victim.

That's right. Chris woke up at 5 this morning, puking his guts out. Poor guy. I bet he wishes he had gone to work yesterday instead of staying home to take care of his family - maybe then he wouldn't be sick! Luckily, when Chris woke up vomiting, I woke up feeling cheerful, chipper, and back to my old self. Thank God the nasty virus staggered its attacks. I don't know how Caleb would have survived if both Chris and I were sick at the same time!

But Caleb and I had a good day, and I think Chris is finally close to feeling almost ok. If Caleb and I are any indication, he should wake up tomorrow feeling fine.

See how great Caleb feels?

This happens almost every morning. Usually it goes like this:
Caleb wakes up. Chris is already awake and getting ready for work, so he brings Caleb in to me.
I nurse Caleb in bed.
When Caleb's done, Chris takes him downstairs and they play so I can sleep a little bit longer.
Chris wakes me up when he's ready to leave for work.
I get dressed while Caleb plays, and then we go downstairs.
I drink coffee and check the blogs and Facebook while Caleb plays.
Caleb gets tired of playing, and I bust out the big guns:
"Do you want to go outside, Caleb?"
He immediately starts clapping (his version of the "more, please" sign) and kicking his feet.
We go outside and he scoots around, plays with the balls (tomatoes), digs in the dirt with his shovel, plays with the sprinkler tractor, swings with me on the glider...

It's a vital part of our morning. We love it.

See?

No comments:

Post a Comment