June 11

I am so thankful to have a friend like Sara, who definitely deserves a "World's Best Mom" mug.

After Caleb's birthday post, (in which I mentioned I may end up nursing Caleb until he hits puberty just because I don't know what else to feed him) she called and talked to me about easy foods to feed Caleb, and what to do with my nutrition neuroses. (Baby, I have neuroses a-plenty!) 

So today, I bring you...

Frozen Mixed Veggies!


Sara swore that her boys prefer them still-frozen. I was skeptical, so I heated some up in the microwave. After 20 seconds, the veggies were (literally) sparking and flaming in spots. What the heck?!?!
So I fed them to him still-frozen.

And guess what?

He loved them.

Thanks, Sara. I'm sorry for not just doing what you said in the first place. You were right.

He definitely has preferences - there are certain veggies he likes, and ones he dislikes. He prefers the peas and lima beans (my theory? They look like green balls.), but doesn't like the carrots, corn, or green beans.

This is him eating a green bean.
Then he pulls it out of his mouth and sets it aside.

Dinner tonight - for all of us - was salmon with wilted spinach, cheese ravioli, and lemon-butter-garlic sauce.  Caleb ate some, and had mixed veggies on the side.

Maybe we won't be nursing until he's 13.

Then again, maybe we will.

No comments:

Post a Comment