May 8

I got out of bed this morning and found this:
All four kids fully clothed (the boys in matching outfits!), playing quietly and nicely together in their room. Caleb was reading a book to Daisy and Eli while Lily dressed her baby doll. Eli's little feet are rested on top of Caleb's leg.

It is a sweet moment, and it perfectly sums up what I have loved most about homeschooling this past year and a half. The relationship and bond my children have with each other is my most favorite thing. Sure, there is screaming and fighting and arguments. But they all truly enjoy each other, and I am so thankful for the time we have had together. I feel so sad at the thought of losing Caleb and Daisy for 8 hours each day next year, mostly for their siblings' sake.

Daisy read her very first chapter book to me!

She was so proud!

And my dad found this awesome digital microscope for the kids. They had a great time finding all kinds of tiny things to examine.

Then we had art time, making Mother's Day cards using a wax-resist watercolor process. 
Caleb was part of this, too, so I'm not sure why he isn't in these pictures.

Lily wanted to use all the colors





It was actually a really great project!

The cards are made. Now the real question is: Can I get them mailed on time? (Spoiler: the answer is no.)

And then this: 


This is my favorite. I love these boys, and I hope they always love each other this well.

1 comment:

  1. omg I'm almost dead on the floor from how cute!! Those brothers reading and matching?! And ok that bow looks realllllyy familiar, lol :)

    ReplyDelete