May 4

Happy 6th birthday, Daisy!

Chris was waiting outside her room at 6:30 this morning to make sure he was there to snap a picture the moment her clock turned green.
She knew the balloons were there, and was trying to sneak out.

See?

This girl is a goof.

And then her excited siblings joined in the balloon party.

Isn't she cute? Today was a MOPS day, so I got her a special shirt to wear. It says, "It's my birthday!"

It was rainy when we went into MOPS, so I was happy to have a carrier for Eli and an umbrella to share with him.

After MOPS, we headed home. Chris left work early to take Daisy out on their now-traditional birthday date: bowling and a milk shake. Daisy graciously allowed Caleb to come along. 
While they bowled and the little ones napped, I finished decorating the birthday cake that Caleb, Daisy, and I made yesterday. The girl asked for a lime cake, so she got a lime cake with all the bells and whistles. We even candied some limes and lime peel for garnish! Daisy was particularly pleased with the cream cheese icing. She's so used to buttercream that cream cheese was a delightful novelty.

Daisy asked for breakfast for dinner on her birthday, and afterwards we snuggled while we waited for the grandmas to come join us for cake.

And presents. The grandmas brought lots of presents. Eli was totally into the present-opening.

Lily was mad about something, and it was hilarious. See the opened presents? Last night I asked each kid what they would like to get Daisy for her birthday, and then I made a Target run. 
Caleb chose Legos, and when I suggested that he might actually be shopping for himself, he insisted, "NO! Get her a Lego Friends set. I would never get a Lego Friends set for myself!"
So I did.
Lily wanted to get Daisy clothes for Anya, her American Girl/My Generation Doll, so I sent home several pictures of options. She chose a cheerleader outfit, complete with pom poms.
Eli said he wanted to get Daisy cupcakes. I think he heard the word "birthday" and didn't understand much beyond that. But praise the Lord - Target actually had a cute set of fabric play cupcakes, so I got those for him to give to Daisy.

Reading cards.

A paintable ceramic tea set from Grandpa! She was so excited!

Time for her cake. This girl has been planning her lime cake since her last birthday, when she had a lemon cake. She has a plan for another fruit for next year's cake, too.

Contemplating her candles.

And then she blew them out with one breath.

This was the cutest reaction. She tried to play it cool, but...

She was really proud that she blew everything out at once.



The cake was delicious, by the way.

Eli agreed. 

Happy birthday, Daisy!

No comments:

Post a Comment