November 30

Things that happened in the past 24 hours:
I dropped my iPhone in a pot of broth, likely killing it.
A GFI outlet in our kitchen shorted out, creating a small fire inside the wall.
The igniter in our oven went out - again.

So. My phone is in a bowl of rice as I lay hands on it and pray.
My electrician brother-in-law, Billy, is on his way over to repair the damaged outlet and run a new line to prevent it from happening again.
And Chris stopped by the appliance store to pick up another oven igniter. This is the third one in three years, so he's getting pretty good at replacing them. In fact, he last replaced it 9 months ago. He buys the part from a small, local business, so the shop owner was shocked when Chris came back for another one. His words were, "You must use your oven A LOT!" I suppose there's truth to that; since we don't have a microwave, we use our oven 2-3 and sometimes more times each day. 

This time, Chris had an assistant when he replaced the igniter.
Lily and Chris wore matching head lamps, and they were completely adorable.

Cutest little helper I've ever seen!

Checking things out.

Helping Daddy.

Almost done!

Those two had it fixed in no time at all. If only I could say the same for my phone!

No comments:

Post a Comment