November 17

A friend loaned me a pretty wrap to play with, so of course I took a selfie.
Eli was only moderately impressed. Apparently he doesn't appreciate how luxurious a wool/silk/cashmere/cotton blend is, or how nice these colors look on us.

A friend and neighbor contacted me yesterday with the exciting news that, after years of submitting manuscripts, her writing was finally being published! But she needed a head shot... immediately. Luckily, today's forecast was sunny and 80 (in November!) so I told her to come over this afternoon. Daisy helped me scout lighting conditions in our back yard.

She was a willing subject, even if her wardrobe wasn't quite on point.

I love this one; Daisy just curled up on the chair and pretended to sleep. When I turned it to a moody black and white, it immediately switched from a strange picture to a mysterious image with a story behind it. Can't you imagine a little girl lost int he woods who happened upon a chair? (A note to my devoted reader Catherine: can you write a story about this?)

I think Eli is in the story, too. Perhaps he is climbing a mountain to rescue his missing sister, who has fallen asleep in the woods?

Or maybe not.

But he is busy being adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment