February 9

I've been neglecting the blog for a few days, but I have been taking pictures. I think I'm finally caught up, so scroll down for a few more posts!

We had a playdate this morning with my friend Jill and her girls, which meant that once the little ones went down for their naps this afternoon, Caleb and I had to bust out the schoolwork. It snowed overnight, so I decided that the best way to do school on a snowy day was with a fire in the fireplace. Unfortunately, right after I got the fire going, Eli woke up.

Fortunately, he was enthralled with the fire and let Caleb do his school work. 
Mostly.

Then Lily woke up. Luckily, she was consumed with "reading" No, No Yes, Yes, and was content to sit next to Caleb while he did math. (Side note: in one month of homeschooling, he has plowed through the first two Life of Fred math books, and has just started on the third book. He loves them!)

Reading.

Then Eli decided that he really did need to be with his brother. I tried distracting him by wrapping him on my back, but he really just wanted Caleb. This is Eli, still surrounded by the wrap, going in to give Caleb a kiss.

Funny baby.

Funny boys.

Also, Eli's second tooth broke through today. Two teeth in three days. No wonder the kid has basically stopped sleeping.

Homeschool:
Practicing writing by making Valentines in front of the crackling fire, while snow falls silently outside.
I love, love, love it.

I have been praying about what to do with Daisy in the fall; she really wants to go to kindergarten, but I really don't want to split my kids. In my mind, either they both go off to school, or I homeschool both. I asked Caleb what he thought yesterday, and he told me that he really wants to keep homeschooling in the fall, but that I should send Daisy to school. "She will make lots of new friends and have fun!"
He's right, but I don't want to do that. It is such a hassle to deal with school and homeschool. However, I was touched by how adamant he was about staying home and continuing to homeschool It makes it worth all the effort when I know how much he loves it.

And this was after dinner tonight. Chris is at a hockey game with a customer, so I have all four kids to myself. They each chose their own jammies, and somehow they all decided to wear their matching Christmas jammies. (Except Eli, but whatever.) Aren't they cute? And I rocked it tonight; by 8:11 I had all the dishes done and all four kids asleep in bed. Except that Eli just woke up and is now screaming in his crib. Maybe he has a third tooth coming in?

1 comment:

  1. Wow that is great Caleb!! Good for him. Sounds like the best, especially since you are the best mom to do homeschooling!!

    ReplyDelete