February 6

As I was putting Lily to bed last night, I suddenly remembered something: the ACT!
I had totally forgotten that today was the ACT, and I had to be at work at 7:30 am. I was so glad I remembered in time!

So I spent all day away from my family. While I was gone, Caleb had some schoolwork to do. On Wednesday, he didn't want to do his schoolwork. I told him that was fine, but the compromise was that he would have to do school on Saturday.  He agreed then, but when Saturday actually rolled around, he was definitely regretting his decision! It was good, though, because Chris got a chance to see exactly what we do.

I got home just in time to nurse Eli and put him down for his afternoon nap. Then I went for a sunny walk while Chris and Caleb played Lego Star Wars. I should have gone grocery shopping, though, because I had nothing planned for dinner. We were all set to go visit Jenny at her restaurant for dinner, but stinker Daisy decided she didn't want to do that. Really, she was mad because we woke her up from her nap, and she is always grouchy when we have to wake her up. She decided she wanted to eat at the grocery store. Little did she know, that was actually an option! There is a super-fancy store nearby that has a really large deli and offers lots of hot food options, as well as wine, beer, live music, and a mezzanine dining area that overlooks the whole store. We strolled through the deli, chose our dinner items, and then went up to the mezzanine for a really fun family dinner!

One of the fun parts was a giant elevator for our shopping cart. It even had windows!Since it was dark outside, one window was basically a mirror. I couldn't resist a family selfie, even if the kids weren't all looking at the camera.
Caleb and Daisy were looking out at the grocery store,  but you can see everyone else's face.

Caleb was disappointed that we didn't go to Jenny's restaurant, though, so we soothed his wounded heart by allowing him to choose dessert. He chose a box of donuts. He really wanted the donuts with sprinkles, but there was only one box with sprinkle donuts, and it contained four plain glazed donuts and two with icing and sprinkles. I explained to him that there were three kids who wanted donuts, so one of his sisters would end up sad if he chose that box. Eventually we compromised by buying a box of iced donuts without sprinkles, and adding our own at home. In the end, everyone was happy.
(Except for me, because I'm back to being dairy-free and gluten-free and aware of how much I eat, so I didn't get a donut. At least I got a glass of wine!)

No comments:

Post a Comment