February 18

Our bed is fabulous.

There is nothing like being gone for a week and sleeping in a less-than-ideal bed to make a mama appreciate her own bed.

Eli definitely appreciated our bed. It's a grainy picture because it was still dark, but this boy slept until nearly 8 am today! He woke up at one point, then flopped over and scooted back until he was snuggled up next to me. At first I thought he was just snuggling, but soon I realized that he might have actually gone back to sleep. I took this picture to verify that he was, in fact asleep. I will treasure it because I am hopeful that soon Chris and I will begin working to get Eli sleeping through the night in his own crib. I certainly love snuggling with Eli and nursing him through the night, but Mama needs sleep. Plus, Chris and I are planning a long weekend away in about a month, and we want Eli to be prepared to sleep without me! I am hopeful that the transition will go smoothly, but realistically, I know it will be tough.

When Eli finally woke up, I showed him one of the birthday gifts Maggie gave him.
He was fascinated with this letter E!
(Don't worry, Mom, the bulbs were cool to the touch. He didn't burn himself.)
Thanks, Maggie!

It was a preschool day for Daisy, so she took a shell in to show her friends. It was also a MOPS day for me, so it was pretty hectic overall. We ended up not doing any school today; I suppose that is justified, since we just got home from vacation last night?

No comments:

Post a Comment