February 4

I have to say: not blogging every night is lovely. I always kind of knew it took up a lot of my time, but I didn't realize how much until I stopped. Still, I love having the record of these years, so I can't just stop.

We've had a busy few days, and I haven't picked my camera up much. My mom stopped by during lunch time on Tuesday, and the moment she picked Eli up, he nestled into her. It was the sweetest thing, and I managed to snap a picture of it!

He was so peaceful and content. 
Then he saw my camera, and it was all over.

After she left, Eli sat at the front door, forlorn.

(Side note? See that little cube by his foot? It is a really cool clear music box that Chris' mom got for one of the kids a Christmas or two ago. Eli loves it. He can't figure out how to make it work, but the kid knows a cool thing when he sees it. The other day, I caught him trying to climb up a bookshelf to get to it! None of my other kids have attempted to climb bookshelves. We are going to have to anchor everything to the walls, fast!)

Who, me? A climber? A mischief maker? Never!

Another thing Eli has started to do: point with purpose. Today he pointed at a bird in the birdfeeder outside our kitchen window and said, "Burh!"
I'm telling you. This kid is a prodigy.

No comments:

Post a Comment