January 8

We are currently in the process of gutting and renovating our master bathroom. We've lived in this house a year now, and have yet to use that bathroom, so Chris and I are pretty excited. This weekend, our friend Matt came and began demo. Never before have I been so excited to hear the sound of destruction in my home!

We chose to use a Bagster to remove all of the bathroom debris. It is very easy and pretty cost-effective, but  the best part was watching the truck come today to pick up the Bagster. We were just about to leave for my fateful chiroprator trip when the truck showed up with its big crane arm. The kids stood, transfixed, at the window as the man hooked the bag up and lifted the whole thing into his truck.
Who am I kidding? I was transfixed! I immediately snapped a picture with my phone and texted it to Chris, who was so sad to miss the pickup. Even our neighbor across the street stood at his window to watch!

Also, I took a moment before we left to snap my first belly photo of this pregnancy.

Here's my 14-week pregnant belly in all of its glory. 
At first I was pretty embarrassed by how early it started showing, but now I'm just embracing it. The belly is one of my favorite parts of being pregnant (well, that and the whole carrying a new life miracle thing), so I've just decided to enjoy it, even if it has come a bit earlier than before ! (No, we aren't having twins. Our early ultrasound absolutely confirmed that!)

In less-exciting news, we have been on the GAPS diet for three months today, so I weighed Daisy. You'll remember that when we began in October, she weighed 18.6 pounds. In November, she was up to 19.4, and by December she was at 19.8. I was hoping for some big progress this month but... today she weighed 19.8 pounds. Exactly the same as she did a month ago. Zero weight gain.

I was seriously disappointed. But then I remembered that I had cheated and weighed her two weeks ago (I try to only do it once a month), toward the tail end of her two-week cold. That day, the scale said 19.0. A loss of 0.8 pounds. I was shocked, but then came to the conclusion that she must have lost weight because her cold killed her appetite. So really, in the past two weeks Daisy has gained 0.8 pounds, because she was back up to her starting point! It doesn't really count, but I'm not discouraged yet. We're going to keep on trucking for a few more months and see if we can make some more progress. You can do it, Daisy!

No comments:

Post a Comment