January 11

It was beautiful today - mid 60s, sunny; a great break from normal dreary January weather. We were supposed to meet some friends for a fun outdoor playdate, but my silly back is still handicapping me quite a bit. It's improving daily, but I still can't function normally. So instead, we stayed home.

After the disappointment of a cancelled playdate, we were so excited when our friends Caleb and Hannah came by for a quick visit! You'll remember that both Calebs were born within days of each other, and Daisy and Hannah are only a few months apart. Plus, their mom, Jen, is expecting her third baby in April, so we'll get to have another set of babies that are nearly the same age. What fun!

The other Caleb is also a Cars fanatic; perhaps even more so than my Caleb. So both boys were super-excited to watch my Caleb's new DVD of Air Mater and Moon Mater. All of the kiddos lined up on the couch was a photo op too cute for Jen or me to resist!

When they left, Caleb and Daisy insisted on going out on the front porch to say goodbye, despite the fact that they had only one shoe between the two of them.

She wasn't into the hug quite as much as he was.

It looks like she was holding his hand, but I'm pretty sure she was actually poking him. In fact, her mouth looks like she's about to say, "Poke! Poke!"

Can I tell you what else this girl did today? Three things:
1. She looked up at me, announced, "Backward!", then began walking backward.
2. She counted to ten, all by herself, without prompting.
3. She sang her ABCs, in their entirety, all by herself.

My big girl is growing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment