January 6

I know - I'm a week behind on my blog posting.
See, the problem is that I was having this pregnancy-related back pain. It finally got bad enough that I went to see a (really great) chiropractor, and unfortunately it turned out that my back pain is of the "must get worse before it gets better" variety.

In other words, I haven't been able to sit down long enough to edit pictures or blog for nearly a week. 
I haven't been able to tend to the kids the way I'd like.
I haven't been able to tie my shoes or load the dishwasher.
I haven't been able to get Daisy in and out of her crib.
I haven't been able to pick things up off the floor, or even comfortably put pants on. (Don't worry; I've still managed to get them on)

BUT. Thanks the the chiropractor and her *amazing* massage therapist, we're making progress. I'm still in a lot of pain, but it's getting better by the day. I'm also learning some coping techniques to help me manage.

In the meantime, my children look like this:

That would be Caleb, in Daisy's hair bow, practicing his scissor skills.

That would be Daisy, wearing my high-school lunchbox as a hat, an outgrown dress as an apron (?), her still-too-big rainboots, and a bath mitt hand puppet. The mess behind her is the remains of Caleb's cutting practice; he "helped" by sweeping it up for me.

And this is what my children do when my back is functional. Can you imagine the chaos that has occurred in this house over the past six days?


1 comment:

  1. psshhh ahahhaahhah! LOL the lunchbox hat!
    Ah I hope your back doesn't hurt much longer! :(

    ReplyDelete