January 30

Be forewarned: there are no Daisy photos in this post.

I'm sorry if you came here just to see her smiling face, but for some reason I didn't take any pictures of her today. Why? Probably because we were all so busy playing with baby Andrew today that I forgot. Oops. But in Daisy-related news, I took her to get her overdue vaccinations yesterday, and weighed her. She clocked in at 8.98 kg, or 19 pounds, 13 oz. Still not at the 20-pound mark. I haven't weighed her on my scale recently, so I'm not sure how she's doing compared to last month. We'll get to it soon.

But enough about my sweet, skinny girl (who is no longer nursing, by the way! My schedule was such that I decided this weekend was the weekend to do it, and now we're done. And I'm absolutely ok with it - 21 months is a good run!). My big boy was hilarious today.

Caleb absolutely adores Andrew. At lunch time, Caleb stood by Andrew's high chair and let Andrew pull his hair and poke his face. Andrew was delighted, and Caleb was delighted that Andrew was delighted. At one point, Caleb shouted with glee, "Mommy! Andrew is trying to get my brain!" Then Caleb got out his toy camera and said, "I'm going to be a photographer now!"

Andrew's daddy is also a (much better) photographer, so he wasn't phased by having Caleb's camera in his face. See how cool he's playing it?

Yep. Andrew clearly does this all the time. (Though Caleb's camera does shout, "Say cheese!", which you'd think would earn a smile...)

For some reason, Caleb decided today that he wanted a shield. Perhaps it was because we recently read the story of David and Goliath? Regardless, he spent all day pestering me to make him a shield. Finally, after Andrew left, I rewarded Caleb for all of his help by making him a shield.

This kid was beyond pleased with my shabby little concoction, crafted from an old box and some masking tape. Once he had the shield, he also asked for a sword. Then my little soldier was ready for battle!

He even decorated the front of his shield. This is his serious soldier face. Isn't he funny?

1 comment:

  1. I loved getting to see Caleb & Andrew cracking up at each other - those giddy laughs were adorable!

    ReplyDelete