January 2

It's a new year! 
After taking a week off, Chris is back to work, and life is slooowwly returning to normal. Except that we have much more stuff now, and much less space... I need to address that. Someday. When I have the energy. In the meantime, I'm feeling guilty about the thank you notes that have yet to be sent.

The highlight of our day was a trip to Target, where we purchased a much-needed set of underpants for Caleb. 

Really, that was the highlight.

He was thrilled to choose superhero undies, and he waited patiently all day until they were laundered and ready to wear.  Finally, at bedtime, I gave him the ok to put a pair on. Then began the debate: Green Lantern? Batman? Superman? Eventually he chose Superman.

At first, he insisted that he wanted to wear his "Superman outfit" with the new undies. That would be his Superman shirt with the detachable cape. But since this favorite shirt is the one he wants to wear every.single.day, I told him no. No wearing it to bed, too.

Then he asked for his cape with the star on it. At first I told him no, but then I realized that he was just a three-year-old who was really excited about his new underwear, and so I told him yes.

That boy was beyond pleased. Also, his sister can't let him have the spotlight, ever. Don't you love how she bombed this photo? She looks almost evil here, as if  Caleb is the hero and Daisy is the flower-power villain.

I realize that we're nearing the point where I should no longer post photos of my child in his underwear. Perhaps we're long past that point, but it just crossed my mind tonight. This will probably be the last public photo of its kind.

But he was so excited that I just had to share!

Oh, also, remember this? It was taken June 2011, before he was given his "real" cape. (Thanks, Amber!) It's probably one of my favorite Caleb pictures, ever. Love this kid.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for making my day with these photos. It's been so hectic at work, I finally stopped for a minute to look at the blog and now I have a big smile on my face :)

    G

    ReplyDelete