January 24

Chris had a work event tonight, so my mom came out to watch the kids so that I could join Chris as his trophy wife. She brought in the mail when she arrived, including a fun package from GREAT Aunt Maggie. Maggie is one of the few people I know who fully understands that little things can be a big deal, especially for kids.

In her package? Valentine's Day stickers and a pack of index cards, for sticking. The kids were over the moon with joy!

I know you can't see much of Caleb's face, but can you tell how happy he is? And notice that Daisy completely ignored the index cards, choosing instead to stick the stickers all over Grandma. Grandma was a good sport about it.

Daisy was really happy with her sticker-ing.

Caleb showed off his handiwork - clearly a masterpiece. I love that my mom is cracking up and Daisy looks so impressed with her brother in this photo. That pretty much sums up the situation with these three most of the time.

Caleb was very clear that this one was a Valentine's Day card for Grandma to take home. When he woke up the next morning, the first thing he asked was if Grandma had taken her card home with her. Sweet boy.

Thanks for the sweet gift, Maggie!

1 comment:

  1. youre welcome. even I love stickers! im so glad that they did too. what a fun grandma your mom is! i just love her! great shots. thanks for sticking with this blog. it is my lifeline to you guys!! love the trophy wife comment--im going to use it the next time there is a business event!
    love you!

    ReplyDelete