November 8

Today marks one month since we started the GAPS diet. It was also Daisy's 18-month check up with her doctor.

Exactly one month ago, my bathroom scale said Daisy weighed 18.6 pounds. Today, it said she weighed 19.4 pounds. That means that in our first month of GAPS, Daisy gained nearly a pound! That's huge, friends! I knew this before we went to the doctor, but I was still worried. What if that still wasn't enough? What if my scale was off? What if the doctor didn't approve of our crazy diet? But I took a deep breath, looked over some scriptures Chris chose for me, and gave myself permission not to worry. And then I worried and uttered a swift prayer. 

I had no reason to worry. Daisy rocked her appointment. Her official weight was 19 pounds, 10.6 ounces. People, she is back on the growth charts! The American growth charts, nonetheless! Yes, she's just in the 1st percentile, but still. She has been off the charts for so long now, and I'm really excited about what I hope is an upward trend.
She also clocked in at 31.5 inches tall, which is the 43rd percentile, and had a head circumference of 18.9 inches, which is the 89th percentile. Clearly, the girl is growing in every way possible. She also aced all of her developmental milestones - the only one she fell short on was running. Since the girl just started really walking last month, I think it's fair that she isn't quite at running yet. But it's not for not trying; she tries to run every day, but it just ends up being a quick lumber. Funny girl.
In other checkup news, Daisy has her first ear infection (not surprising since she's on day 12 of this cold). Luckily, it's not severe enough to warrant antibiotics yet, so we're waiting to see if her body can heal itself (with the help of a little garlic oil in her ear).

She fell asleep on her way home from the checkup, but when she and Caleb woke up, we enjoyed a beautiful fall afternoon outside.

We originally intended to swing in the back yard, but we walked through the garage and the girl found this ball. After that, there was no going in the backyard. All she wanted to do was walk around with this ball. 

What ear infection? Apparently it only bothers her at night, when she's supposed to be sleeping. Go figure.

Daisy ended up holding that ball and walking all the way down the sidewalk, past the neighbor's house, before I realized that the girl wasn't going to stop and I needed to go after her. She is just like her mama.

While Daisy played ball, I grabbed the rake. As I raked away, Caleb went into the garage, grabbed his own rake, and joined me. What a good boy. Soon, we had a pile big enough for hiding in. 
All in all, a good day!

1 comment:

  1. Yay Daisy! And way to go mama for going for it with the new diet!

    ReplyDelete