July 9

And now we have an 8 year old!
He insisted on going through his birthday balloons backwards. Funny boy.

Today is Sunday, so we went to church and Costco, like we always do.
We got to watch the pizza making, so it was a good trip.

In the evening, we had a birthday party at the neighborhood pool. All of the family was able to come! 

After dinner, we ate cake. It was one tall cake.
(I love Eli trying to help Caleb blow out his candles!)

It was tricky to slice.

But delicious! Caleb was very happy.





Grandmother gave Caleb two remote control cars that were a big hit.

Then we swam! 



Eli swam until his lips were blue and his teeth were chattering. He was so cold, but he didn't want to get out. We compromised when I hopped in a tube and pulled him into my lap. Emily grabbed my camera and snapped these pictures of us floating together. 
These may be my favorite pictures ever. I'm so thankful for them!

I mean, really. Emily has a good eye!


Eli's little toes and curls are everything.



After swimming, before we left, we had a Silly String fight, per Caleb's request.






It was a mess to clean up, but the kids were so happy that it was totally worth it.

We got home, and Caleb quickly changed into one of his favorite gifts: Harry Potter Gryffindor pajamas from Daisy. 
Happy birthday, Caleb!

No comments:

Post a Comment