July 28

I took the kids to another new park today. Technically, it wasn't new, because they've been there before, but they didn't remember it so I think it counts. There was a great playground, but my favorite part was this sculpture, called "Awakening".


Daisy was really excited about this picture!



Lily pretended she was being eaten by the giant, too.

Then we followed the path through an amphitheater and around a lake, to a creek. 
I was hoping that the creek would be good for playing in, but it was rocky and all of the rocks were covered in thick, slippery moss. Boo.

The kids were slightly disappointed, but they got over it.

At home, I tried another new carry with my new wrap. Isn't it pretty?

Lily swiped my phone and took a selfie.

I put all four kids down for naps, and then climbed into bed for a rest of my own. 

Then this guy joined me, and we had some nice snuggles.

Then I made good on a long-time promise: we made funnel cakes. In the spring, Caleb and I talked about funnel cake (which he had never tried) and I promised that we would get one this summer. My plan was to get one at a festival, but then we spotted a funnel cake mix at Aldi a few weeks ago.
Caleb was very excited.



He helped make it, and then we enjoyed the results.

More new carries this evening: 


No comments:

Post a Comment