July 16

A week after his birthday, Caleb and I finally had a chance to take his official 8 year old pictures. He was dressed up for church, and when we got home I asked him to go outside and take some pictures. He decided to take me back to his favorite place: his "Secret Hideout", or the little strip of woods behind our house.  I think we managed to get some pictures that really capture my sweet boy.

At 8, he is a the best sleeper and best eater of all four kids.

He has a mischievous streak, and loves jokes and playing pranks.

He's a voracious reader, and is engrossed in the Harry Potter books. We've read the first three, and I know he has already read the end of the last book, because that's the kind of kid he is.

He writes me love notes, makes paper airplanes, and draws complicated pictures. He loves his siblings, and is caring and attentive. 

He is sensitive, literal, and learning to master his big feelings. 

He loves puns and jokes, inventions, and science. He loves marine life, and says he wants to be a geologist or a marine paleontologist when he grows up.

This boy. I am so glad he's mine. Happy 8th birthday, Caleb!

No comments:

Post a Comment