April 7

The  beautiful weather continued today - I think it may have reached 80 degrees! We were up so late last night enjoying our family that we ended up missing church this morning. Chris used the unexpected free time to take the kids on a bike ride to a nearby park.

On a whim, I handed each kid a camera on their way out the door - an old point-and-shoot for Caleb, and a  toy one for Daisy. A few minutes later, Chris came back in the house and said, "You've gotta see this!"
I guess the cameras were a good idea! These children are so well-trained. It's funny to see their cameras focused on me!

I love that Daisy has no idea what she's doing, but if Caleb does it, she does, too.

Sweet kiddos. Do you want to see Caleb's perspective?

Inside the bike trailer.

That pesky Mommy always has her camera in my face!

Daddy's bike. Can we get going now?

(This is where it gets funny!) 
Hmm. I'm not sure what to say about the view out the front of the bike trailer!
(Note: Chris' legs don't actually look like that when he pedals. He was stopped and had one foot on the ground.)

Off we go! Faster, Daddy! Faster!

At the park!

After the bike ride, the park, the bike ride home, and lunch, it was well past naptime. I told Caleb that it was naptime, but he cried, "NO! I want to bask in the sun with Daddy!"

How do you refuse that request? So the kid headed out to the deck, to bask in the sun with Daddy. Daisy and I joined them, and I pulled up my shirt a little to let my belly (and the baby) get some sun. A few minutes later, I looked over and saw this: 
My basking boy was letting his belly get some sun, too. And then I died laughing.

1 comment: