April 27

When we told Caleb that he would get to see his GREAT Aunt Maggie today, the first thing he said was, "I hope Maggie will run a race with me on the sidewalk!" I forgot to pass the message on to Maggie, though, and she showed up in a cute pair of heels. 
But.
One of the many reasons we call her GREAT Aunt Maggie?
She was absolutely willing to run a race with Caleb, even in her heels. Caleb was over-the-moon excited about it. 

While Maggie recovered from her race, Caleb raced again with Daddy and Daisy.
(Did you notice that we had to run on the other side of the street today? It rained all morning, so they were trying to avoid puddles.)

After a wonderful - but short - visit with Maggie, we ate dinner. The kids did such a good job eating their meals with no fussing or complaining (it's a rarity these days) that we were able to do something we've never done before: family movie time.

Sadly, it appears that our main DVD player has died (ten years is a good run, isn't it?), but its VHS component still works, so we watched Cinderella as a family. We only watched the last thirty minutes of it, but Daisy was enraptured the whole time. Normally, her TV attention span is between five and ten minutes, but she must have been really into Cinderella!

I got so caught up in the "Family Movie Night" concept that I even deviated from our diet and popped some popcorn on our stove. (I used this recipe, which called for popping the corn in coconut oil and tossing it in some warm spices. It was remarkably delicious!) 
I know the picture isn't great, but it was a fun, special night for us, so I feel the need to document it. And now the children are asleep, and this mama is headed to bed!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds so fun! Cinderella has always been my favorite.

    ReplyDelete