April 24

It was not warm today. In fact, I heard rumors of snow flurries this morning. But oh, how desperately we all wanted it to be warm! In the morning, I saw random glimpses of sunshine and I hoped, hoped, hoped it meant warmth was coming, but it was still 40 degrees out. After naps, though, it was finally warm enough that I was willing to take the kids outside to play.

We lived it up.

Daisy was focused on her drawing. As she drew, she narrated:
"Snake. Dat snake.
Triangle dere. Dat a circle.
I draw you, Mommy!
Dat Caleb. I draw Caleb."

"I draw kitty cat!"
She was quite pleased with that one. And really, hidden amongst the scribbles, I could almost make out ears and whiskers.

Meanwhile, Caleb drew a very long line all over the porch. When I asked him about it, he explained that it was a bunny trail.

Then he ran and hopped along the whole length of his trail. The boy was very proud of his work!

Oh. But still more drawing for Daisy!

Then we got out the bubbles. While I made dinner, the kids blew bubbles on the porch. I was able to listen to their antics through the screen door, and come running the moment anyone started crying. Most tears were due to complicated bubble-sharing situations.

Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment