April 3

I have been waiting so long for springtime, and I think it's finally here! This afternoon, the kids and I went outside to soak up some sunshine.
Caleb spent a long time digging in the mulch. He decided the landscaping fabric was buried treasure, and he found one lone roly-poly who crawled but refused to roll.

Daisy kept claiming to see a bug, but no bugs ever materialized.

She didn't mind. She was happy just to dig!

Apparently every piece of mulch was special, because she handed them all to me.

Caleb gingerly poked the daffodils. I think he was suspicious.

Happy girl in the sunshine! I love how the daffodils in the background look like little drops of sunshine.

I also love how everything is new when you're two. Daisy could spend hours exploring our little front yard, and find countless exciting treasures!

Case in point: this sorry-looking bunch of daffodils. Daisy was delighted by them!

How sweet is she?

Despite the abundant sunshine and lack of rain, Caleb decided it was time to play with his umbrella. He said it was protecting him from the (nonexistent) wind. 

Of course, Daisy followed suit.

But she quickly abandoned her umbrella to move a few heavy rocks that absolutely didn't need moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment