December 8

I have to tell you - this child of mine is hilarious.

This afternoon, I was sitting at the kitchen table, reading the newspaper while Caleb played. I decided to have some yogurt for a snack, and Caleb decided that since yogurt is his favorite food, the yogurt was actually for him. So he would come over to me for a bite of yogurt, then go off and play, then come back to me and sign "more" while he said "please", then go off. Every time he came up to me, he rested his little hands on my leg while he waited for me to get his yogurt.

Somehow I got so used to him clinging to my leg, or I got so engrossed in what I was reading, that I didn't notice that he was hanging on to my leg more than usual. Then he said, "Siwwy" (silly) and laughed, and I looked down at him. This is what he had done:

He was so proud of himself, and he knew he was being funny!

It was so hilarious that I immediately hopped on the laptop to email Chris a photo of it. While I was emailing, this happened: 
He tried to sit and got stuck. Hilarious!

Later, Caleb and I decorated his Christmas tree.

(When we switched to an artificial Christmas tree last year, we decided that we should also cut down a fresh, Caleb-sized tree each year at the Christmas tree hunt. This one's a little bit bigger than Caleb, but he wasn't interested in helping us choose a tree that day, so we had to wing it!)

We still haven't gotten around to decorating our big Christmas tree because I need to purchase shatter-proof ornaments. After seeing how he interacted with these ones, I think we'll skip most of the ornaments on the big tree this year. :)

"Ball. Ball-ball. Ball. Tee. Sharp."
 
Nope - he's not helping me decorate the tree.

He's removing the ornaments. The whole time he did this, he said, "Helpful. Helper. Help."
At least he thought he was doing the right thing!

2 comments:

  1. G-Aunt Mag sent the Caleb-in-the pail pic to many family members--what a way to start the day, with a cutie pie pic of CALEB!!!
    SOOO cute. I love it when they start to learn about humor. Such a fun way to relate on a new level. MISS YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahahhah "helper" "help". OMg he is so funny!

    ReplyDelete