December 20

The experts may say that today is the shortest day of the year, but can I just tell you that it felt like the longest? Really, it wasn't that bad. Caleb was just a little out of sorts today, perhaps because he's in the midst of the "I love Daddy" period, and Daddy was at work after spending nearly 5 days in a row home. Caleb didn't seem to know what to do when Daddy wasn't there to play with him. Poor kid.

We managed, though. Caleb helped me put some ornaments on our Christmas tree.

He took his job very seriously.

He examined the tree for gaps,

and then placed the snowflakes.

Or maybe not. Really, he spent most of his time removing the ornaments I had placed on the tree. Right now, they're all scattered on the floor. But the important thing is that it occupied him for a good 30 minutes!

By the end of the day, I couldn't handle any more of his fussiness. My theory is that a good snuggle will cure most cases of the fussies, so I popped him in his Ergo carrier (which was remarkably comfortable, given the large protrusion I have in my abomen) and carried/snuggled him until Daddy got home.

That, plus his light-up Christmas tree from Grandmother, plus the buttons on my camera, made him a very happy boy.

The end.


2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see you guys again! He is just so adorable! It sure looked like he was looking at the tree and finding the perfect spot for an ornament. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing! A great mom! MOM:)

    ReplyDelete