December 25 - part 2

Whoo, boy! There's a lot of blogging going on 'round here! Sit tight - I still have a few more posts to write!

After Caleb took his nap on Christmas Day, we headed over to Chris' parents' house to celebrate again. By this point, he was short about 3 hours sleep, so I was concerned that he might not be the best company for a group of people who were so excited to see him.

Before we even got around to the present-opening and the meal-eating, Caleb was so worn out from everyone's attentions that he had to take a break on Grandad's shoulder.

What a sweet boy!

After that break, Caleb tore into the mountains of gifts from Chris' family.

Much later in the evening, I noticed that Caleb had wandered off. After a little bit of searching, I found him in this quiet corner with his Cheerios, new remote-control fire engine, and Grandmother's reindeer. I guess he needed a bit of a breather!

Caleb's favorite gift of the night was this Caleb-sized shovel from Grandmother. I can't wait to put this kid to work around the house! Between his new cleaning set and this shovel, he's finally prepared to pull his weight around here!

Caleb ended the night by coloring with Grandad and Grandmother. It warmed my heart to see a tradition like that unfold - the book they were coloring in was a Christmas coloring book that the family has pulled out for the last few years. I hope it lasts for a while, so that in a few years Caleb can look back and see his scribbles from 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment