June 9

Today was Friday Adventure Day, and my friend Jill and her girls (and her mom!) joined us. We had a picnic at the riverfront, rode a free trolley around the city, and ended with ice cream before heading home for naps. 
I can't remember the story about this face or this picture, but it's hilarious so it stays.

Picnic with friends!

The kids have never ridden in a vehicle without seatbelts before. It was confusing.

Except for Caleb, that is. He's done the school bus, so he can do anything.

Hi, Eli! You can tell it was a lovely day and not at all humid because his curls aren't curly at all.

We played lots of musical seats. 

 
Ice cream! I don't know what I was thinking giving four small children each a cone of their own. Caleb and Daisy handled theirs (mostly) fine, but Lily and Eli were drippy messes. They should have had bowls with spoons. I'll chalk that up to live and learn.

Hi, friends!

Look at our cuties!

When we got home, everyone was exhausted and I insisted upon naps for everyone. 
Even me.

Then Caleb joined me for snuggles. I still remember snuggling him when he was the only baby I had. Those were such sweet days! 

Now we roll more like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment