June 6

We went blueberry picking today! The blueberry season near us is very short, and there are very few blueberry farms near us. There is one that is about an hour away that doesn't use pesticides on their berries, but they are still small and new and only have a handful of picking days each season. We haven't been in maybe four years, but this year we were able to go, the weather was perfect, and Amber and her family were there, too! It was such a wonderful morning.
Daisy's acting cool, but she was really excited. Also, braids! And Caleb's muscle shirt!

Lily let me braid her hair, too.

Eli was really focused on his berries.

He spent most of the time down on the ground, picking berries, but he had to go up a few times when he wandered off or ate too many berries.

My little bears on blueberry hill! I was so sad that I didn't have my big camera, but juggling camera + four kiddos + blueberries just didn't sound fun to me.

I forced Amber to take a selfie with me because I realized that we have very, very few pictures together. We are always taking pictures of our children, but never of ourselves. We have known each other since we were about fourteen years old (maybe thirteen?), which equals over 22 years of friendship. I sure am thankful for a friend like her!

No comments:

Post a Comment