June 12

Today was the start of our first VBS of the season. This year, Lily is old enough to go, too, so I have 5 mornings in a row with just Eli for 3 hours. I'm so excited!
This is his "I just dropped my siblings off at VBS" face.

We went up to the balcony to watch the opening songs, and Eli was so interested! He was devastated when it was time to go.

Just a bathroom selfie because he never lets me wrap him anymore, so I need to document it. Also worth documenting: that fishy "shooter" in his hand. It's a foam water cannon for the pool, and he has been wanting one since the pool opened. He had a $5 Target gift card from Easter, so before we picked the kids up from VBS we stopped by Target and he got to choose one. It is officially his favorite thing ever.

 Today was also Caleb and Daisy's second swim meet. Since it was our first home meet, it was also Lily's first kickboard race. Lily was so excited for her race; we were lucky the kickboarders are the very first to swim!
She wore her black and white swim suit so that she would match the big kids on the swim team.

Daisy's mood. She was obviously not participating in any races.

Waiting for her turn to swim. She looks so small and nervous here, and it's adorable.

Eli was ready to cheer for his sister!

Chris was working as a timer, but he was watching from the sidelines.

And she's off! She grinned the whole way down the pool.

Kick, Lily, Kick!

Finished!

Oh my goodness, isn't this the cutest picture ever? Her first question after finishing was, "Did I win?"
Next she asked, "Can I do it again?"

I love this girl's enthusiasm!

Caleb's first race! The boy was ready!

Hanging out in the bullpen.

I have no idea why I bought this child a bomb pop. Sometimes I make silly decisions. He certainly enjoyed it, though. I enjoyed his sweet little curls and muscle shirt.

Hi, Caleb! His events this season seem to be 12, 24, 36, 48, so we always sing our skip counting by twelves song.

This girl is a stinker. She got a push pop at the concession stand. I need to be firm and say no next time.

And then the kids were done, even though the meet wasn't done. We bring a shocking amount of stuff for meets, and loading and unloading it all is quite a feat. This girl is a good helper, though!

Also, wearing my babies helps a ton. Yay for toddler carriers!

No comments:

Post a Comment