November 6

No blog post yesterday because we had a sick kiddo, and no post the day before because we were just too busy puttering around the house!  Lily came down with a low-grade fever yesterday afternoon; she was hot and lethargic, but didn't seem to have any other symptoms. Since Daisy's low-grade temp kept us home from church on Sunday, I wasn't too surprised. I just put some peppermint essential oil on my sweet little girl, wrapped her up on my back so that she could have some snuggles while I made dinner.

And then she threw up. 
All down my back.
All over my lovely wrap.
All over herself.

Thankfully, Chris was home from work and handled cleaning Lily up while I got dinner on the table. Lily seemed to feel better, and ended up sleeping through the night with no incidents. Thank God. Unfortunately, today was a MOPS day for me, and sick babies are a no-go at MOPS. But my wonderful mom wasn't at work, and was willing to come snuggle a not-so-sick-anymore baby while Daisy was at preschool and I was at MOPS.

Mom arrived at 8:50, and Lily immediately snuggled up on Grandma's shoulder.
I know. How sweet is that? I love that Grandma is her favorite person.

 Daisy and I left a little before 9, and Mom texted at 9:30 that Lily was already asleep. Poor baby. When Daisy and I returned from MOPS and preschool a little after noon, Lily was wide awake and full of energy!

Daisy asked to listen to "What Does the Fox Say?" and she and Lily had quite the dance party. Lily is definitely into dancing right now, and even more into doing whatever Daisy is doing. Love those girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment