November 12

I know, I know. It's been four days since I last blogged. A few of you have already checked in to make sure my family hasn't exploded or something. I'm sorry for causing you concern!

My excuse is that on Saturday, I started getting a headache. By Sunday, it was growing worse, but I had over-committed myself and had church, then Chris took Caleb to a birthday party, then I took family photos for a big, extended family, then we had small group, and the kids didn't get to bed until after 9... So when Monday rolled around, the headache had reached epic proportions. My mom watched the girls while I visited the chiropractor, who was able to squeeze me into her schedule. That stopped the headache, but I was left feeling like I'd been hit by a bus, with residual tension in my shoulders that I knew would result in another headache. Thankfully, Tuesday was Veteran's Day (thank you, soldiers) and Chris had the day off. I sent Caleb to school, took Daisy to preschool, and took Lily to a playdate so that Chris could have some time to work on his grad school project, but I used afternoon nap time to take advantage of a gift certificate for a prenatal massage.

All of that is to say that I've either been in too much pain or too busy to take any pictures the past few days. Today ended up being a do-nothing Wednesday, and I still didn't get the camera out. 

Okay, actually, I did. But I didn't take any pictures. I did, however, let the girls play with my camera's live-view feature, and they were entranced.

I love that mischievous, impish look on Daisy's face. Except that the girl really is mischievous and impish, as well as strong-willed and especially vocal lately. She has been doing a lot of yelling at Mommy and Daddy when she doesn't get her way lately. This is new to us, so Chris and I are trying to figure out the best way to address the situation and help her express her feelings without being so darn disrespectful (and LOUD! I just can't do loud. Especially in the mornings).

At one point, Lily was grinning at her image on the camera. But then she lost interest, and Daisy may have been nibbling on Lily's fingers, which is how we ended up with this picture.

Those teeth. Goodness, those teeth. Still only four of them!

Normally I would photoshop my under-eye circles right out of the picture, but I feel like I've earned them this week. Between the headache of the century and some especially fussy and ill-tempered children, I feel justified in looking as exhausted as I do.
I also love Daisy's little eye, bombing this photo.

And then Daisy did something naughty again to make Lily scream.
(Also, that ceiling fan light in the background needs to go. If only I could find a replacement I like that doesn't cost $500!)

Don't let her fool you. I earned my pay with this one today. And when her brother got home from school, I had to work even harder. I think her excuse is that she's three, and his excuse is that he's so tired that he just can't control his emotions when he gets home from school. Bedtime has been  slowly creeping forward, and the kids have gone to bed at 7:30 the past few nights. I'd love to get it up to 7 pm, but I'm just not sure it's feasible. 

And now it's nearly 11 and I'm still awake. Ridiculous. No wonder I have under-eye circles. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment