November 29

We eat most of our meals at our kitchen table, which has an L-shaped banquette, a chair, and Lily's high chair. Most of the time, Lily sits in her high chair, Daisy sits in a regular chair, Caleb sits on the short side of the L, and Chris and I sit on the long side of the L. Lately, though, Lily has been ready to get down from her chair before the rest of us are finished. So we get her down, and she wants up on the bench with us.

This morning, breakfast time somehow turned into "family snuggle" time. First, Lily sidled up to me and rested her head on my shoulder. Then Caleb scooted over to snuggle my other side. Then Daisy, never one to be left out, hopped down from her chair and snuggled Caleb.

Family snuggles are my favorite. I was glad Chris was there to capture this one. Don't you love how Lily is cheesing for the camera?

My sweet babies! Daisy was still pretty sick today, and Caleb is still sick, even though he's improving daily. Lily is currently our only healthy child! (Well, her and Yoey, but Yoey is pretty well protected from all the viruses running around out here!)

We stayed in our jammies all morning, and by nap time I finally got myself together enough to go grocery shopping. When I got back from a pretty epic shopping trip, I found a party happening in our driveway! Our friends Dan and Jen and their kiddos were over, so the kids were playing while Chris and Dan shared a beer and our neighbor Mary (Jen's aunt) snuggled Lily. Daisy was still in her jammies while she wrote in chalk on the sidewalk, Chris had just finished putting up the Christmas lights, and it was sunshiny and warm. How perfect! 

When I finished putting the groceries away, I found that Lily and Andrew (Dan and Jen's youngest, who's 4 or 5 months older than Lily) had both discovered the little wooden bench on our front porch. They were so funny together!

I love how Andrew is tipping his cap while Lily inspects his elbow.

This was the only picture where the babies were smiling, and I think they were laughing because Andrew was picking his nose. So, maybe not the best picture.

Hi, cutie pies!

We put the kids to bed early, and my mom came over to stay with them while Chris and I went to see the latest Hunger Games movie in the theater. All in all, a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment