November 28

Well. Caleb is officially on the mend, and now Daisy may have an ear infection. People, the last time I dealt with an ear infection was when Caleb was 18 months old. Now Caleb has just beat a sinus infection, and Daisy has an ear infection. My children have never been this sick before! (I know. We are very, very lucky.)

Daisy woke up several times in the night complaining that her cheek hurt, but we didn't know what to make of it. Today her complaint is of a headache, and she has a low-grade fever, drainage from one ear, and a super-swollen lymph node on the same side. Poor girl. For now we're taking a "watch and wait" approach while I treat her with essential oils and immune boosters. Hopefully she can knock this thing without antibiotics!

Luckily, Chris was home today and the kids enjoyed playing with him all day. It was lovely. This morning, Lily and I were watching birds out the kitchen window when Chris snapped these pictures:



The pictures aren't particularly spectacular, but I love them because they capture part of the dynamic between Lily and me. You can't see in the pictures, but in the black and white ones, Lily had her arm wrapped around my neck and was leaning against me, forcing me to stay with her and watch the birds. Watching animals out the window is one of our favorite pastimes, and I'm happy to have some pictures of us enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment