November 26

I know, I know. I've been slacking. My excuse is that we've been sick. Specifically, Caleb has been sick. Sick like the school nurse sent him home on Thursday. Sick like he repeatedly woke up crying because his head hurt. Sick like he missed three days of school. Sick like I took him to the doctor for his first sick-visit since he was 18 months old. 
That sick.

I love our doctor because she approaches sickness with caution, rather than throwing antibiotics at anything that moves. After a thorough evaluation, she told me that if it were her son, she would watch and wait. She thought Caleb would be able to pull through the sickness on his own, and that he should be better by Thanksgiving. If not, then we would give him antibiotics. It's hard to see him sick and not do anything, but I am thankful for a doctor who is so conservative and so confident in the body's ability to heal itself. And you know what? I  think we're on the upswing now. I was having to give him ibuprofren (which I try to avoid at all costs!) every six hours on the dot. Now he's going 10-12 hours before he starts crying from the pain in his head. So I think he's almost better.

Since no one wants to see a sick kid, here's a cheerful kid eating sugar snap peas instead:
Today I experimented with putting Lily's hair back in a clip, instead of a fountain pony. It worked pretty well.

Goodness. Isn't she cute? I can't believe how long her hair is! Or that she's smiling as she eats a sugar snap pea!

Love this girl.

And I love her dinner of scrambled eggs and veggie sticks. What a big girl she is!

No comments:

Post a Comment