November 14

We were getting Caleb ready for school this morning, when out of the blue Daisy gave Caleb a big old hug. Of course, he hugged her right back. But what surprised me was that Lily, who was standing right there, spread her arms out wide. She wanted in on that hug, too! It was the sweetest thing ever to watch my three little darlings hugging in the kitchen, but by the time I grabbed my camera, the moment was gone. Luckily, Caleb and Daisy were willing to continue  hugging for me.
Aren't they cute?

It was Friday Tie Day for Caleb, and he chose to wear his necktie over his Cardinals Star Wars t-shirt, which he wore over a striped long-sleeved t-shirt. Chris tried to talk him into wearing a collared shirt, but Caleb's mind was set. He rocked that ensemble!

It's also clearly deer season around here - we saw at least three different groups of deer in our back yard today. It doesn't matter how many we see, though; the novelty never wears off. 
Yes, they're standing on my kitchen counter. Yes, they were safe. I promise. Lily was in heaven watching the deer and the squirrels! Out my other kitchen window, we can see a bush of some sort in the neighbor's yard, laden with bright red berries. The birds were loving the berries today, and Lily was so excited to watch all the birds hopping and fluttering around in the big bush. That girl is such an animal lover.

My mom came over to watch the girls before work, and I got to visit Caleb's kindergarten class as their Mystery Reader. I gave his teacher five clues about me, and the students all guessed whose parent it was. You can see the list behind my head - I must have given pretty good clues!

I was worried that Caleb would be embarrassed to have me there - he sometimes gets uncomfortable when things are out of the ordinary - but he was so excited and proud that I was there, and to share this book with his friends. 
(We really may have to buy it - I highly recommend The Pirate Cruncher by Jonny Duddle for any pirate lover under age 10. It's one of those great books that stands up to repeated reading, and we always find something new and interesting in the illustrations.)
After I read the book to his class, I joined Caleb for lunch. It was such a lovely little visit with my sweet boy!

I returned home to find that Lily had apparently attempted to go poop on the toilet? My mom told me that Lily was grunting and straining, so she asked her if she needed to go poop. Lily nodded, lifted up her shirt, and ran out of the room. When she didn't come right back, Mom went after her, and found her in the bathroom, lifting up the toilet lid! Apparently my not-quite-16-month-old already understands that poop goes in the potty. Maybe she's a potty prodigy! I'm not getting my hopes up yet, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment