August 6

What a busy, busy day!

This morning I had a hankering to have an adventure. I asked Caleb, "Do you want to go somewhere?" He responded, "Yes. I want to go to I-wa. Is Grandma there?" I was thinking more along the lines of going to a playground, so I had to veto the trip to Iowa. (My parents drove there this weekend for Dad's class reunion, and Caleb remembered me mentioning that. Funny boy.)

I ended up taking them to a park that my friend Amber and her son, Andrew suggested. It was a definite winner, full of shady trees, child-friendly playground equipment (Daisy even scooted all the way up one of the climbers!), a pond with a fountain, and horses! Sadly, this is the only picture I took:
Caleb really likes ponds and fountains.
Daisy really likes horses. This girl and her love for animals - she's going to be trouble!

While both kids napped, I talked to my mom and realized that we were supposed to celebrate Jenny's birthday today. So I hopped on the phone, arranged dinner plans with the fam, then started baking cupcakes. While I baked, I called Daisy's doctor to schedule a test, then the hospital, then my mom... I was a master multi-tasker.

These kids are also multi-taskers.Please note that Caleb is licking a beater and a sucker at the same time. Sometimes I get so busy that my rules fly out the window.

Daisy knows she shouldn't be getting into the eggs!

While I frosted the cupcakes, Caleb "washed dishes" in the sink and Daisy grabbed a soapy rag, stood on the counter, and "washed" my window. I'm pretty sure their washing left me with an even bigger mess, but they were really pleased with themselves.

We finished the cupcakes with no time to spare, and hurried off to a Mexican restaurant to celebrate my baby sister's 30th birthday. 
Happy birthday, Jenny!

Max loves his brother, but hates getting his picture taken!

Caleb is used to it by now. Look at that grin!

After dinner, Jenny opened up the cupcakes we made for her. Clearly, she was impressed.
Also, please note a happy Max in the background.

Caleb gave Jenny birthday kisses. 
Do you see all of the delighted diners in the background? They seemed to enjoy the adorableness, too.

And then I failed as a mother. I'll blame it on the margaritas, but somehow Caleb ended up eating a cupcake AND a sucker at the same time. And that's in addition to the beater and sucker he had just a few hours before. But at least it kept him from fussing like his cousin did!

2 comments:

  1. Hmm Caleb seems to have my taste in food. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked the park! Wish we could have joined you, but alas, I'm back at work this week :(

    ReplyDelete