August 29

The children were not at their best today. They wouldn't eat their lunch, they took crummy naps, and they fussed and whined all afternoon. But this morning? Oh, this morning was lovely!

We went out on the porch, as per our new routine, and waved hello to the schoolbuses.

Daisy is now a fan of whole milk. (We're still nursing, just trying to add in some extra calories wherever we can.)
She's also a fan of pulling up to standing and cruising.
She is not a fan of the mosquitoes who gave her those two angry red spots on her face.

Caleb brought Lightning McQueen and Sally out and zoomed them all over the place.

A diaper and wardrobe change later, I got this photo of my girl: 
I think I may recreate it in sixteen years when it's time for her senior pictures.

Really, she was trying her darndest to reach the doorbell.
Poor thing, she's just not tall enough!

Then lunch, naps, blah blah blah... Daisy took a crummy nap. Caleb woke up while I was in Daisy's room for the third time, trying to get her back to sleep so she could finish her nap. (OK, I'll admit it: she had been asleep for two hours, but she was definitely NOT ready to be awake.) I set her down on the floor and went to find Caleb, who was wandering around the house, looking for me. Meanwhile, Daisy was screaming in her room and I was growing increasingly agitated. I found Caleb and asked him to go see if Daisy was okay. A few  minutes later, Caleb came into the kitchen and I could hear Daisy scooting down the hall behind him. No fussing.
I asked Caleb what he did to make Daisy happy, and he replied, "I sang her a little song!"

Love that boy.

Then, Daisy did this: 
No, not walking. Standing independently. Most babies do this between 11 and 13 months, and Daisy is a week shy of her 16-month birthday. But still, it's a big milestone for us!

And look how happy she is about it! Walking, here we come!

And this boy? He was SO proud of his baby sister!

1 comment: