August 17

What a lovely, glorious, lazy day we had today! We opened the windows, stayed in our jammies much too late, and played all day.
In the morning, the kids played dress-up while I sewed.

In the afternoon, we played outside. 
Caleb dumped a bucket of balls and Daisy tried her best to hit all of them.

What's that look all about? I told her not to stand up on the chair, and she is looking up at me in pure defiance. Then she stood up on the chair again.
She's definitely my child.
Then I took the chair away. I win.
  
And Caleb?
He just relaxed on the bench, waiting for Daddy to come home.

What a sweet boy. He took a shorter nap today, and woke up a bit fussy. Luckily, Daisy still had another hour left in her nap, so we threw the covers off of my bed, pulled open the blinds, and lay sideways on the bed, gazing out the open window. We snuggled, watched the leaves blow in the wind, listened to the bugs chirping outside, and enjoyed the breeze. It was twenty minutes of pure magic. By the time we were done snuggling, neither one of us remembered the fussiness.

When Chris came home, Caleb helped me make dinner. His new favorite thing is pretending we're on a cooking show (not that he's ever seen a real cooking show...). Here's a clip of Caleb's Cooking Show:


We put both kids to bed early tonight, to make up for the sleep they lost yesterday. Daisy went down pretty easily, but Caleb was up out of bed at least three times. The first time, he had to go potty. (not really) The second time, he needed a hug and a kiss. The third time, he insisted that he absolutely could not go to bed because he needed a hair cut.

Really. The kid was crying, saying, "But I need a hair cut!"

Finally, I explained to him that I couldn't cut his hair because it was dark outside, and I needed light to cut hair. He replied, "But maybe we could turn on the light and then you could cut my hair?"
Clever kid. I wasn't expecting logic from him.
Luckily, I'm pretty quick on my feet. I responded, "But I need SUNlight. So tomorrow, when the sun is shining, I will be glad to cut your hair. Tonight, however, I just can't do it."
Surprisingly, that appeased him, and he finally went to sleep. That boy is so silly! I wonder what he'll do tomorrow if I try to give him a hair cut?

No comments:

Post a Comment