August 18

We had a remarkably productive morning; Caleb (and I) slept in while Chris and Daisy did yard work. After Caleb and I woke up and made breakfast, we all participated in more  yard work. Then Daisy helped me with her favorite task: washing the windows.
To be honest, she really only enjoys cleaning the kitchen window. But it's a chore she created all by herself; often, while I'm cooking or washing dishes, I'll put her or Caleb up on the counter. Daisy loves it! Then one day, she grabbed a rag from the sink, pulled up on the window sill, and started washing away.

Really, the window ends up dirtier than it was before. But she loves helping so much that I don't say anything.

She wants so badly to help, and there's very little a non-walking 15-month-old can do. (Though perhaps I should spray her bottom with floor cleaner and let her scoot around a bit? Maybe I could sew up a pair of microfiber pants for her?)

See? Washing the windows?

Then, on an after-dinner whim, I threw this little outfit on Daisy and had Chris and Caleb lug a mirror and blanket out on the deck. 
She was quite skeptical of the flower, so it didn't last long.

She was pleased with the beads, though!
Unfortunately, my subject was not feeling very cooperative, and our photo shoot ended soon after.

Once Daisy began fussing, Caleb grabbed her props and tried to show her what to do. (I promise, he did this of his own volition!) It didn't work, and Daddy was scandalized. 

To make up for the feminine photo, Chris suggested that Caleb wear the flower like an eye patch. 
Hopefully Chris deems this one sufficiently manly...

1 comment: