August 13

1. Daisy has learned to answer, "MOOOO!" when asked what a cow says.

2. Caleb put himself in a time out today. I left him on the front porch while I ran inside to grab something, and he wandered around to the back yard. Big no-no in my book, so when I found him, I informed him that he had made an unsafe choice and he needed to stay inside for a few minutes. Then I went out with Daisy, and went about my business.Three minutes later, I heard his time-out timer begin chirping. Then, a giggling boy ran out the front door. He had sat down in his time-out chair, set the timer, and waited patiently until it was over. All. By. Himself.

3. Daisy now holds my hand when we pray before meals.

4. I just went in to say goodnight to Caleb. Our routine is that I put Daisy down while Chris reads Caleb his bedtime stories. Once Caleb is tucked in bed with the lights off, I come in to sing him one song. Tonight he had to wait a few minutes before I came, and I pointed out that he had waited patiently for me. He responded, "Yes. I did not fuss or whine!" That's my boy.

5. After a ten-month hiatus, I am lacing up my running shoes again. Chris and I are going to run a 5k in October, so I figured I had better start running now.

Watch out, world.
We are on our way.

Also, this picture was from a run on August 30, 2011.
What a difference a year makes!

1 comment:

  1. Cool! How funny that Caleb set the timer. He is such a bright kid!

    ReplyDelete