August 21

I know it's been a few days - I try not to skip more than a day of blogging, because I know some of you (*ahem* Mom) worry - but things have gotten so busy around here that I forgot to pick up my camera!

I did manage to take some pictures today, though. Chris took my car in for an oil change today, so we were restricted to walking-distance adventures. Luckily, the library is quite close, so we paid a morning visit. Caleb insisted on running most of the way (except for the brief stretch of sidewalk that runs alongside a busy road; then he climbed into the stroller and declared that he was "a little nervous".), and sang loudly as he ran. Today's hits included a Cars medley of "Route 66" and "Life is a Highway", among others. Also, we read in the newspaper today that Scott McKenzie, who sang "San Francisco (Wear Some Flowers in Your Hair)", died. We watched the video on YouTube three or four times, and that song was also part of Caleb's morning repertoire.

After naps, more outside time.

Despite my repeated warnings, Daisy kept doing this.
She would climb up into a chair, then stand up in the chair. I finally had to put all of the chairs away.
Then she began climbing and standing in the bench.

See that look of defiance? I tell you, this girl is trouble. I am getting this look more and more frequently, and when I tell her "no", she laughs at me.

This girl is trouble. She is definitely a different species of child than Caleb.

I put the bench away, too.

One of Caleb's library picks was a book about D.W. (of Arthur fame) riding a bicycle. So we all rode bicycles. 
Even Daisy got in on the biking action. For a non-walker, this girl is confident on the bicycle!

Caleb practiced diligently with his balance bike. He even fell down a few times, but it wasn't a big deal because D.W. fell down in the book and she was OK.
(Really. The only reason Caleb didn't freak out about his wipeouts was because he had read about falling down in the book.)

Later, Daisy tackled the slide. 
Girl can climb up the steps almost unsupervised now, and goes down the slide like a champ. I'm telling you, she is a different breed from Caleb. He was terrified of that slide until he was at least two years old. This girl acts like she could do it in her sleep.

"Psssht.... this little thing? I doesn't scare me!"

(But really, it was a good thing Daddy was right there with her. The girl puts up a good front, but she's really a softie.)

No comments:

Post a Comment