November 26

Well, Thanksgiving is over.

We hosted the big meal for both my family and Chris' family, and when all was said and done, it felt like less than a triumph. We enjoyed everyone's company, and the food was mostly good, but my mashed potatoes were weird, I barely took any photos, and somehow the evening ended up feeling rushed and a little bit "off".
Plus, in the midst of the pre-meal chaos, I was mean to Chris in front of his family. Ugh.

So. I'm glad that's over with, and today was a much better day that involved playing with Max and Ryan, great deals on cloth diapers for NewBaby, cookies and coffee at Bread Company, a (camera-less) trip to the park, a cold run for Chris and Caleb, one of our favorite meals (salmon with ravioli, wilted spinach, and a lemon-garlic-butter sauce), and a good movie to look forward to. It was wonderful.

Here are some of the few photos from yesterday and today.

After I had scooped all of my (homemade) whipped cream into my serving bowl, I let Caleb sample the remainder. He was hooked, and couldn't get enough!

One of the few photos of Thanksgiving dinner. I'm disappointed about that. :(

Caleb bundled up for a late-afternoon run with Daddy. Chris was skeptical of my bundling abilities, until I reminded him that Sara and I spent all last winter bundling our boys as we trained for the half marathon. At the end of the run, Caleb was toasty warm!

So. What am I thankful for? A forgiving husband, a family that loves me despite the mistakes I always seem to make, a little boy who is more delightful than I deserve, the little gift wiggling in my belly, and my God who is ever faithful, always forgiving, and more loving than I deserve.

Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, don't feel bad I was kinda mean to Adam too during his family's visit! UGH I hate that I always get so focused on getting stuff done and not Adam! Anyway, I am sure Chris forgave you since hosting a huge Thanksgiving meal is very stressful! Sally said it was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete