November 10

Today was a rough one.

The child? He woke up screaming last night at 10:45, 11:20, 11:45, 12:15, and 1:30. Finally at 1:30 Chris determined that Caleb must be hungry, and fed him a midnight snack of Goldfish crackers and grapes. It worked, and Caleb went back to sleep, but he didn't have the common decency to sleep in this morning.
So. Sleep-deprived child + sleep-deprived Mommy = stressful day.

This morning, I left Caleb playing in his room so that I could take a quick restroom break. While I was in the bathroom, I heard a metallic clang coming from Caleb's bathroom. This is what I found:

My child carried an empty bottle of children's ibuprofren into the bathroom, abandoned it on the toilet, found a step stool, climbed up on it, threw his toothpaste onto the toilet, and was reaching for his toothbrush.

Apparently the kid just really likes to brush his teeth!
  
I think it's because Chris and I are such super-good parents. We've obviously instilled good dental hygiene in our child, and his desire to brush his teeth has nothing to do with the fact that the toothpaste is sweet and the toothbrush is kept out of reach.

Later, my last-ditch attempt to maintain sanity with a whiny child ended with us at the park. Since it was 75 and sunny (in November!), it was a good trip.

And the park is way more fun now that Caleb can walk!!!! 
I know this one's out of focus, but I love it so much. He was so excited to run around under the climbing apparatus!

The park has a musical theme, so these pipes made a fun noise when Caleb banged on them.

The park was win-win-win:
It distracted Caleb and kept him from fussing.
We both got a good dose of Vitamin D.
It wore him out and he took a loooong nap.

But boy, am I glad this day is over!

1 comment:

  1. How sweet! Of course the minute you turn your back he's up to something lol! Love the park photos!

    ReplyDelete